May 8, 2018

MFTWSC #383 and Seize the Birthday

tracey_MFTWSC#383_cover


I never thought I would see the day that I would say the words "I am getting low on birthday cards!"
Well that day has come and time to start building my stash of birthday cards up again. Slipping in today with a card for the MFT Stamps Wednesday Sketch Challenge #383 and Seize the Birthday!

I started off by sponging some Abandoned Coral, Fosilized Amber and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks onto some Bristol Smooth cardstock and then cutting three MFT Stamps Big Balloons out, one in each colour. I made my own fishtail banner from MFT Stamps Blu Raspberry cardstock and then cut a zig zag square from white and adhered the balloons to the square. The sentiment from the MFT Stamps Gumball Greeting card kit was white embossed on black. A few Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins to finish it off and done.


tracey_MFTWSC#383





The Seize the Birthday challenge is anything goes this week!




7 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo fun! LOVING the balloons!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with the sketch Tracey, this is cute!!

Cat Craig said...

Super take on the sketch Tracey; your balloons are festive and so much fun.

Teresa Doyle said...

This is awesome Tracey, I have to admit, I have a soft spot for balloons on a birthday card.

Anita in France said...

I love balloons, Tracey ... and yours here are so deliciously bright and celebratory ... fun, fun, fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Marge said...

Gorgeous colors on the balloons, Tracy. I never thought that oxide inks would makd such bright rich colors. I also love your interpretation on the sketch!
Funny thing is that I haven't made birthday cards that much, now I think I need to build up my stash, too! Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment to my blog which I almost missed. Have a good day!
Marge xx

Colleen said...

Fabulous card, Tracey! And guess what, I went to get a birthday card and I had only about 4 left, WHAT? how did that happen? I need to build up my stash too! I love balloon cards and your design is awesome, I may have to CAS your card! thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
heart Hugs, Colleen