February 5, 2018

The 30 Day Coloring Challenge February 5

tracey_30DayF5cover


Happy Monday!
Another card for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.
Today, Ardyth and I, are colouring the brand new Essentials by Ellen Leading Lady Dogs set.

I started by smooshing the background with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink. The leading lady and her puppies were coloured with Copic markers. I prepared a short video below making my card, I will put a hyperspeed video on IG but the version below is slower so you can see my mistakes!

I have been asked lately if I could demonstrate how I make smooshed backgrounds. I am no expert, but in the video you will see that I don't do anything amazing. I usually use Bristol Smooth cardstock or watercolour paper. What I can say is that I don't add a lot of water to my ink on my craft mat and that I usually try to make just one quick pass through the ink. If you leave it too long it almost wants to stick to the mat and definitely gets very saturated. If I am going to add more ink or other colours, I dry the panel in between each layer  I did a few quick passes on my card front today. The sentiment is from the Leading Lady Cozy Lady lady stamp set.

tracey_30DayFeb3






I am also submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.




Copic Colours I used...

Skin: E000, E00
Hair: Y21
Shirt: BG11, BG13
Sweater: RV52, RV55
Jeans: B32, B24
Sneakers: RV17
Standing Dog: E50, E51, E21
Dog in Arms: T1, T2
Mistakes: 0


7 comments :

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute card! I could see that little pup in her arms as my Max. Color him black and add his fabulous white eyebrows!!

Cat Craig said...

Thanks for the video. Love the card, darling scene.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FUN! I loveeeee it!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance said...

Thanks so much for sharing your video, Tracey! I like the 'one quick pass' method, and how there's a bit of a space left for your sentiment. Loved how that worked out! Beautiful coloring, and a really wonderful card. Sweet, sweet pups! Hope all is well with you. Bev

Cat Craig said...

Darling card Tracey, I think I spied it first on IG or Facebook or yt. Love it.

Anita in France said...

Always enjoy your videos, Tracey ... thank you! Sweet card with those cute pups ... and what a great smooshy background! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharron said...

Love these new stamps! She must be in heaven with the sweet little furry in her arms and her other adorable friend!