February 19, 2018

My Favorite Things 2018 Stamping Olympics - Speed Cardmaking

tracey_olympevent4cover






Two final cards for the MFT 2018 Creative Olympics Speed Carmaking finale!
Down to the wire with the challenges I didn't get this card down before the event closed, but I did get not one but two cards made for it in under 20 minutes!




I started by stamping and white embossing a Bristol Smooth panel, then I sponged it with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink. The next step was to cut it out with the large celebrate die and then I was able to inlay two cards using up the positive and negatives from the two die cuts.


tracey_olympevent4a


Version two using the negative die cuts!


tracey_olympevent4b



tracey_olympevent4c


1:32 sec left, even after I lost the inside piece of the R in the black card base version and had to recut! Funny that I was so sure I would be able to get this card done easily in under 20 minutes, but under pressure you end up making all kinds of mistakes!


tracey_olympevent4timer






8 comments :

Cat Craig said...

Whoo Hoo thats fast!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita in France said...

Two cards in under 20 minutes, Tracey ... I couldn't make one! These are gorgeous ... in both versions ... so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

You win!!! These cards are fantastic!!

Lisa Elton said...

Two beauties in record time! Those big speech bubbles are fun. Love the colors and that pretty DP!

Margery C said...

Lovely cards. I love how you used all the pieces. No waste.

Birgit said...

Great cards Tracey, in record time! I can see me making all kinds of mistakes trying to make a card in 20 minutes. Great choice of printed paper on your sweet cards!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful cards, Tracey! Great job in such a short time, too :)