November 9, 2016

Create Together with Marcie Sharp



closeup



Marcie and I are at it again for another round of Create Together. When we got together last month at Stamping Away in Kansas we had decided ahead of time that we would each bring two half-made cards so that we could play again!

I forgot to take a photo of Marcie's card before I finished it, even though I told myself I wouldn't forget this time--duh!! She prepared a watercoloured card base for me with brown splatters on it. One thing I always struggle with is masculine cards, so I decided that I would finish this off as a masculine birthday card. I added a Copic coloured cake from Concord & 9th and added sentiments stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. I made good use of my hex chart when select some of the colours of my cake, it is amazing how often I go for it when Copic colouring.  I just added those few details and called it done, didn't want to get too carried away and take from the gorgeous watercoloured background.

tracey_CT

detail:

detail

16 comments :

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love that CAKE!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! Absolutely cute!!!

Karen B. said...

Love the background with the fun focal image!

Lindsey said...

Mission accomplished! A fabulous masculine card!

Lindsey said...

Fun card! Would work for just about anyone.

Lisa Elton said...

It's a perfect masculine birthday card!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

What a lovely cake, such a pretty background!

Cat Craig said...

YOur design fits perfectly to the cake image and its font! Fantastic.

Annette Allen said...

cute birthday card.. i love that cool background

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Tracey ... what a delicious cake ... and such a fun sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Petrella said...

What a super fun idea!! Your card turned out fantastic!

TK said...

Looks like yummy cake and sherbet background to me! Fun!

Sharron said...

Love your background!!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! Perfect masculine birthday card Tracey!

Marcie Sharp said...

Love this!! Thanks so much for playing along with me. So fun to create together AND exchange cards in person. :)

Joyce said...

What a fun game to play with Marcie. Love the background on this card, and that fabulous cake.