August 25, 2016

Catch Up...

IMG_5007


Popping in today after what has turned into a really busy summer.
If I were to sit down right now and tell you what I did this summer you would probably shake your head and say that isn't busy and mine probably hasn't been as busy as most, but for me I honestly don't know whether I am coming or going these day--lol!

I wanted to share a card I made for my parents for the 67th anniversary using Essentials by Ellen Stay Golden stamps and dies designed by Julie Ebersole.

I stamped my solid pineapple with Papertrey Ink's Saffron Spice and then embossed the detail over top in gold and finally I coloured the pineapple with clear Wink of Stella.  I added a few flowers from the set and the sentiment. I didn't get the right lighting for the photo t picked up a blueish tone. Much brighter and white in real life.


tracey_anniversary

On the inside I stamped a sentiment built from Sugar Pea Designs Celebrate All the Things.


IMG_5010 


14 comments :

Marybeth said...

I hear you on a busy summer,I feel the say way. This is a darling card for your parents Tracey ! You must be so proud ! Congratulations to them!

Lindsey said...

Love this idea for an anniversary card, and what a special one at that. I loved what you wrote about on FB. Hoping your autumn settles down. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card for your parents Tracey!! I like the little flowers you added and the tilt on the pineapple. Hop things settle down for you soon ;)

Karen B. said...

What a fun card!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card for your parents and love that you have gone so different. Bet they love it. I'm looking forward to being busy in the Summer when it comes

I Card Everyone said...

Busy is a very good thing, Tracey ... and also good that you're feeling up for it! LOve this darling card, love it more for its reason... truly an occasion worth celebrating! xx
=]

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that pineapple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susi said...

I would have never thought to gold emboss a pineapple, Tracey, but this looks fantastic! Such a lovely CAS card that says it all. God bless your parents and may they enjoy many, many more years of married bliss together!

TK said...

Beautiful pineapple, and those flowers are awesome! Great card for your parents to enjoy...

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card for your parents!! I LOVE the gold pineapple!! So know what you mean about the busy summer. Others might not think mine has been busy but it has entailed A LOT of running around!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your pineapple and flowers are such a great idea for your parent's anniversary...I'm sure they are going to love it, too! Sounds like your busy summer has flown by...I'm sure things will settle down when your kids are back on campus and the cooler weather sets in :) As always, your creativity always makes me smile!

Lynn said...

You have been enjoying life and that is what is all about! Would love to hear all about it! Love the stay golden sentiment...perfect for your parents!

Lisa Lara said...

what a cute sentiment with that pineapple Tracey I love the flowers on the side, works perfect.

Anita in France said...

I smiled, Tracey ... I've had a similar summer ... and wonder where it's gone too!! Fabulous shimmery pineapple ... love it paired with those sweet blooms and that perfect sentiment! Congratulations to your parents! Hugs, my friend! Anita :)