March 16, 2016

Butterfly Dreams

IMG_9928


I had a bit of time on Tuesday night to create, just because. I really wanted to ink up my new Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams stamps and cut out the images with my Scan N Cut. I started out by watercolouring a pink background that I cut down to 3 3/4" x 5" when it was dry I spritzed it with Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz and adhered it to the card base with foam tape. Then I stamped the butterfly image in ombre orange to yellow using Altenew and Papertrey Ink inks. The Scan N Cut did a perfect job of cutting the image that I popped up with another piece of foam tape. Finally I added a few sequins. The elusive shimmer spritz is beautiful in real life, but it is meant to be enjoyed by the person that receives this card!


tracey_RCbutterflydreams

17 comments :

Suchi said...

Very pretty card with a great color combo! :)
Suchi xx

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the yellow and oranges against the pink background.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Tracey!! Love the pink and orange together!!

I Card Everyone said...

Wonderful 'before sleep' card design! Really beautiful, Tracey!
=]

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!!

Annette Allen said...

love the colors you used.. this is gorgeous.

Maria said...

Beautiful CAS card, Tracey! Love the butterfly and all the pretty color!

TK said...

Beautiful! That gorgeous ombre butterfly on the vibrant pink watercolor is perfect!

Linda said...

So pretty Tracey.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful color selections.

Lindsey said...

Sometimes just-because creating is the best, isn't it? This is so pretty! The ScanNCut definitely did well with the butterfly. Great background, too.

Lisa Elton said...

That IS a very PRETTY butterfly and I love the way you've inked it!! FABulous card Tracey!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joyce said...

Love these warm colors together, and your butterfly is perfectly inked. That scan and cut looks amazing. The butterfly is perfectly cut.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you blended your inks on the butterfly, and your watercolor wash is gorgeous, Tracey! I'll bet it's super sparkly IRL, too :)
So sorry I've been MIA...been feeling poorly, but will be back for a visit asap ♥

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...this is so pretty. I love your sweet butterfly and your watercolor background, beautiful.

Anita in France said...

What fun to have some 'just because' time, Tracey ... you used it so well!! Fabulous card ... that ombré butterfly against the soft pink is so delicious! Hugs, Anita