February 5, 2016

Tag You're It #40 and 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 5

Happy Friday!
It is always good to see the end of the week.

Happy today because my hubby is coming home. Maybe he will be able to paint my craft room. The renovations are being put on hold for a bit because he needs to be home for a longer stretch to do the construction. Sealing up the ensuite and opening it up to the hall for a powder room which is going to be remodel, remove the stucco popcorn ceiling and install pot lights and then repaint the room again.

However, you didn't come by today to here about my paint job.
We have a new challenge starting over a Tag You're It!
Challenge #40 is based on this cute tag by Jen Mitchell:




I used the same tag Reverse Confetti tag base as Jen.  I embossed Hero Arts Tiny Flags on the inside panel in white and then sponged some Spun Sugar Distress Ink over part of the embossing. The love sentiment, also Reverse Confetti, was cut using some of the many watercolor panels I have in my recycle bin. They may not have been suitable for a card base but they are perfect for small die cuts. When I created my tag I knew I was also creating it for Day 5 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge! I was also inspired by the colours of yummy looking cookies in the inspiration photo over at The Card Concept.


tracey_TYI#40





Have a great Super Bowl weekend!

20 comments :

Unknown said...

The word die from a watercolor panel is lovely, Tracey! This tag will make someone very happy. Cheers!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

I love all the embossed triangles and the die cut "love". What a super tag card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!!

~amy~ said...

Oh super sweet!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun tag! I save my watercolor mess ups too...cool idea to diecut them.

sandie said...

Fabulous Tracey. Love the background and colours. Have a lovely weekend x

laurie said...

Sweet tag Tracey! I love the water color background. Cute! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

cm said...

Renovations...messy jobs but so worth the results when they're done! Great to hear that you'll have your husband by your side for a few days. Cheering and applauding your perseverance with the colouring challenge; all are delights. Your tag: ultra sweet! The pink triangles make me smile and oh, how pretty your water-coloured love...
hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

A perfectly pretty tag!! Hope hubby gets the painting done ;)

TK said...

Pretty tag - love the geo background and the watercolored word.

Anita in France said...

Soft and pretty, Tracey ... the geometric background is a brilliant contrast to the scripty watercoloured sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Simply stunning, Tracey. Have fun with James when he comes home!

Susan said...

So pretty Tracey, love your tag!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this tag Tracey! The emboss resist background looks so awesome with the die cut sentiment!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful, festive tag! Love the kraft!

Sharron said...

Such a sweet tag! Love the background and your pretty watercolored sentiment!

Neha said...

Loved the effect of the word die on the stenciled background!

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty tag. I love the watercolor on the Love diecut.

Barb Ghig said...

Another really gorgeous tag, Tracey! I love the soft pink background with your watercolored sentiment...so striking!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super sweet tag, Tracey! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Card Concept Challenge!