April 23, 2015

M!M #209 and SSS Wednesday Challenge

IMG_7835


I made a couple cards for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge #209

I have been in love with white on white for a while now and this 'technique' can be used for just about any stamp and die set. It makes a quick and easy card!

Using one of my favourite coffee sets and dies...

tracey_MIM_coffee

I am on a bit of a butterfly kick these days, so I created a little ombre one for this next card. The butterfly in covered completely in Wink of Stella which really gives it a magical look IRL!

tracey_MIM_butterfly


Wink of Stella detail...

WOS

I am also submitting these to the Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Blog - Clean and Simple.



Wednesday I drove my son up to Muskoka to start his summer job today. He will be staying at his girlfriend's parents house again this summer. So he has a surrogate Mom for the summer who definitely spoils him--LOL.  Driving up there we went through all types of weather--sun, rain, hail, snow and then repeat! I know that we are not the only place in North America that has and is having crazy weather this year. Honestly I do not ever remember seeing snow at the end of April.

When we got home it was sunny, then cloudy and then it started snowing here! Just a couple week's ago the Robin's started to appear and I thought spring was finally here. I had to video tape this out my kitchen door today, the poor thing probably wondering what the heck what happening...


Happy to report that Brooklyn got a phone call on Tuesday from the Home Depot about 20 minutes from here that they had her driver's license and some of her other cards that they found on the property when doing some spring clean up the other day. We went to the store and the manager had her license, her debit card, her Social Insurance Card and her Employee card. Most of them we have already set the wheels in motion to replace but we are really happy to report that her ID is not floating around out there. She was happy to receive these items back but angry that someone thought so little of a person's ID to just throw it away, another tough lesson to learn.


37 comments :

Lisa Lara said...

Oh these are fabulous Tracey. Oh I gotta try this.

Anonymous said...

Super job on both cards!! I love them both. You did a great job on this technique!!

Pam said...

Love your cards for Make It Monday. White on white is so classy and you've done a great job with these. That butterfly is stunning. So shimmery!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your cards are GORGEOUS! LOVING the white on white!!! And can't believe your weather -- it was 93 degrees here the other day!!! LOL!!! And so happy that her ID's were found!! That's wonderful news!!!!!!!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful cards Tracey! I especially love your butterfly and how you were able to capture the sparkle of the Wink of Stella...I can never get it to show up on my photos!

I Card Everyone said...

OH the butterflies!!! I did a little searching through my supplies for a PTI die to use for this technique - totally forgot about these butterflies, Tracey! Thanks SO much for sharing these lovelies with us today! Ugh, on the weather - YAY for Brooklyn...
BOO for dishonest people!! Hugs for you... get the coffee on!
=] Michele

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards, Tracey!
Crazy weather is right.

Lynn said...

You had a crazy week. The weather has been strange here too. No snow here, but we're heading to Chicago tomorrow and are expecting snow. So happy Brooklyn's wallet was found. Love your cards!

Jen Mitchell said...

Thankfully there's no snow here! I saw enough of it this past winter to last me a couple of years! I'm really loving the white on white cards. They are so striking! And the Wink of Stella on the butterfly is gorgeous.

Maria said...

Beautiful cards with the white on white...great technique! I must give it a try! So happy to hear that your daughter has her important ID cards back...yeah! And, for the snow...yep...we had bit of snow here this morn, too...grrrr...crazy weather...lol!:-)

Bonnie T. said...

Cute coffee cups and beautiful butterflies! Nice take on the challenge.

Annette Allen said...

love all the white on white.. fabulous designing..

so glad Brooklyn got that call..

Kay Miller said...

Your cards are fabulous Tracey! I love that technique! So glad that you got some of Brooklyn's things back. Wild weather you're having. Hope spring comes and stays soon! :)

Unknown said...

These are both soo lovely! You seriously rock CAS cards! & that sparkly butterfly! Love!

Manuela said...

great cards, the butterfly looks so pretty with the shimmer!

Imke said...

Great cards-my favorite is the first because I really like the stamp set.

Anita in France said...

Glorious, Tracey ... the shimmery butterfly in particular is a stunner! Good news for Brooklyn ... not so good for your weather ... roll on spring for you! Hugs, Anita :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I love the progression and movement using the white die cuts provides!

Lisa Elton said...

A pair of terrific cards Tracey, the butterfly is so pretty!! SO HAPPY Brooklyn got her things back. Some people just don't have a clue do they...creeps!

Nancy said...

Great cards and your weather is nuts! Glad things are turning up with your daughter's wallet. Thieves.....ergh!!!!

Bobby said...

Your cards are great, Tracey. I love this technique and will try it again. I'm glad everything is settling down with the family.

Alanna said...

What fun cards. I love the pink butterfly.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...I need to play along, this is just so sweet, love both of your cards. Great news for Brooklyn too, it is nice to know there are still some nice people out in the world.

Kathryn A said...

Super cards! You have CAS down to an art!

Greta said...

Beautiful use of the technique, Tracey! I missed it at first, too, but PTI changed their rules to be 1 card per challenge now.

Inkyfingers said...

I love white on white too Tracey and your splashes of colour really pop on these lovely cards. Your weather certainly keeps things interesting!!!
Hugs
Carol x

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful cards. I especially love the way you inked your butterfly in the second card.

Lin said...

I love your takes on the white-on-white challenge, Tracey - what a great technique! Thanks for sharing these with us, too, at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jen W. said...

That die cutting technique is really fun! I especially love the one with the sparkly butterfly!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautifully done cards! And a great job with this technique...You have inspired me to give this a try.

CherylQuilts said...

These are both fabulous, Tracey, and I'm partial to butterflies too! Just love the colors! And happy to hear about Brooklyn's situation...and loved the robin video...hehe! Yes, he must have been confused! Hugs!

Sharron said...

Fabulous MIM designs! The butterflies are especially gorgeous--love the sparkles!

Barb Ghig said...

Two beautiful cards, Tracey! You did an amazing job on this 'technique' and your ombre butterfly is gorgeous!

Glad to hear Brooklyn has recovered some of her ID cards...Thanks for the video :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! SO much going on for you again! LOVE those WOW dies with their pops of colour. Absolutely beautiful cards! Hope the weather stabilises for you all! You have had a crazy winter, that's for sure!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a gorgeous technique! Another thing I need to go check out in greater detail. See... I just keep learning so much from you ;). So glad her ID's were found, too! Oh, do I have a story. People just don't care about others enough anymore.

maria f. said...

Just saw these CAS wonders in the SSS gallery. Wow. Fabulous. Lots going on in your household too, eh. Boy. Hang in there.

cm said...

Yours are my two favourite cards in the PT gallery! Love the coffee cups and the butterflies...oh my! Perfection! Glad to hear that Brooklyn's ID has been found, but seriously, how appalling the behaviour of some people! Hope all is - and continues to be -well now, wallet and weather-wise!
Hugs~c