December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Blog Hop

IMG_7036



You should have arrived here on the hop from the lovely Beverley Brown's blog.

News that Paper Crafts magazine was closing down came as such a huge shock!
Whether it is a print issue, a special issue or a digital issue my morning coffee always includes one of them! I still have all the print issues of Paper Crafts magazine.  For me I fell in love the day I found the very first issue on the shelf, a whole magazine dedicated to something that I loved to do. I still pull those old issues out year after year usually right before the new issue comes out each month. Looking at the cards again and rereading the articles like I had never seen them before. They always bring new inspiration and a few chuckles at how paper crafting has changed or how there is always a new technique that replaces an old one more efficiently.

I never had any confidence in my own creativity, but I studied. I studied the cards and studied the cardmakers and always walked away ready to try something new or something different.  So really for me this magazine was like my tutor, you taught me to keep creating, you taught me that what I was doing was good and you taught me to try new things.  I will be thankful for that always.

One of the  biggest surprises ever was when Cath Evaldson asked me to be a Moxie Fabber of the Week for October 2013! That was  such a huge boost to my confidence.  More recently I was recognized on the Paper Crafts Connection blog as one of the October Gallery Challenge winners.

I never submitted for publications because I couldn't possibly have what it takes to get published. What did change over time is that I had formed friendships with some of the 'celebrity cardmakers' that I found on the pages of Paper Crafts & Scarpbooking. Friends who encouraged me to submit and I finally did for my favourite issue of the year Holiday Cards & More. You could have picked me up on the floor when I got an email From Susan Opel that I was going to be published in Holiday Cards & Move Vol. 9.  That was the moment I realized just how much those magazines and special issues really meant to me and how I felt about myself and my abilities.

  


Thank you for that and so much more Paper Crafts &Scrapbooking!
You have given me the opportunity to not hide in the shadows.
You have brought so much joy to us all and you will be so missed.
This card is for you, and the sentiment is customized to how I truly feel.


tracey_grateful

Next on the stop is the talented Laurie Willison.

If you want to start the hop from the beginning head back to Jennifer McGuire's blog HERE.

Enjoy rest of the hop!

32 comments :

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card and sweet post..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the rose!!!!!

Lisa H. said...

beautifully written, Tracey. and beautiful projects. So glad you did submit.....I love that PC magazine made so many of us feel like rockstars. it was always such an honor.

Beverley said...

A beautiful tribute and a perfect card :) Hugs Bev x

Alanna said...

A beautiful card Tracey. I love the single flower.

Happy Dance said...

Oh Tracey! I think you've said perfectly what is in most of our hearts too. Whether PC&S ever knew it or not, they so very often gave so many of us the courage to try something new, or gave us the confidence to think, "I can do that too!" It's hard to see them go. What a lovely tribute through your words and the amazing card. You've got the touch. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

A sweet heartfelt post and a lovely card!!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card for Papercrafts!

TheWinstonFamily said...

Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty, Tracey! Love your post!

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL post, Tracey!! Did you know that I have snippet of you in my post...? Yeah, you rock! :) HUGS!

Joyce said...

Such a gorgeous card, and heart felt post.

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning and so fitting...your card is just amazing and I loved reading what this wonderful magazine meant to you.

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful card and tribute Tracey! So glad you were published!

very_inky_fingers said...

Tracey I am so glad you aren't hiding in the shadows.. your cards are too fabulous to not be shared!!!

Sharron said...

Beautiful and heartfelt post, Tracey! Your card is gorgeous--love the rose!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Simply stunning Tracey! Beautiful embossing and the perfect sentiment to these lovely ladies who have encouraged and inspired us for so long.

Jill Norwood said...

Tracey your post is so beautiful! As is your card!!! :)

maria f. said...

Beautifully done - your card and post, Tracey.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your card and post are both so perfect, Tracey!

Kelly Griglione said...

Tracey, what a beautiful post! So heartfelt. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings like that. I am so glad you took a chance and submitted, especially knowing now that the opportunity has passed. The card you created is really just perfect for the occasion. Way to mix and match those little words!! Hugs!

Marybeth said...

Tracey this is beautiful! Oh course you have what it takes. I just felt it was always too much work.

Kay Miller said...

Your card is so amazingly gorgeous Tracey! So fun reading your post today!

Marcie Sharp said...

Fantastic card and wonderful memories agreed!

Keren Baker said...

You're right about what you said with getting confidence from them- love the one you got published and the lovely rose card too! x

Michelle said...

Such a lovely tribute, Tracey! And a beautiful card. And that tag is pretty awesome, too! :-)

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful post and gorgeous card, Tracey! I love your tag too, and I'm so happy it was picked up for publication...woo-hoo! In fact, I love everything you create ~ Congrats!

Lea Lawson said...

This is a really pretty card...love your use of W&W goodies!! Lovely tribute to PC&S!!

Anita in France said...

Such a beautiful card, Tracey ... it captures perfectly all that you wrote in your lovely tribute! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Not sure how I missed this card...it is so gorgeous, I love all the gold embossing and it is so perfect for this hop, so sweet.

Ashley Newell said...

Your card is stunning! I love the gold embossing!

Jeanne J. said...

You're a rock star Tracey - you should never have doubted it for a minute! Your work is always beautiful and a delight!