March 24, 2013

Pattern Play Day #5






Final Day for Pattern Play and today we learned how to use our patterned papers to make a quilted design and to make embellishments.  For my homework I decided to make a quilted pattern using paper from my Bright Side 6 x 6 pad from Lawn Fawn.  This is probably my favourte and most hoarded paper collection, so far.  I used Kristina's excellent instructions and video to create a quilted pattern using 4 different papers.  I am also linking this card up to the Simon Says Easter/Spring challenge.



Cardstock:  White , Winter Wisteria, Berry Sorbet (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Bright Side (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Pretty Peonies (Papertrey Ink) Flower Friend (Simon Says Stamps)
Ink:   Winter Wisteria, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles (Spellbinders) Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inkers)
other: foam tape

17 comments :

Janet's Joy said...

Love the colours and the card! So pretty!

Kara said...

beautfiul...love the quilted look using the different patterns!!

Lynn said...

I love your day 4 and 5 cards. The patterns and colors you choose are gorgeous. love all the tone on tone. don't know about you, but I thought this class was definitely worth the fee!

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous. I love that pad, all those papers, and your quilted pattern. It really does look like spring, and your quilting is just perfect.

~amy~ said...

Tracey, I love this...what a great use of the pattern paper!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. What a great technique.

Barb Ghig said...

I love your choice of papers for your quilted panel and your butterfly is the perfect touch! Such a pretty card!

Annette Allen said...

Beautiful spring card..

Bonnie said...

This is a great technique for using up little scraps!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
Love those fresh colors...
perfect for spring!
And I tried this one!! :)
I didn't make a card with it...
but I tried it...
and will do it again!! :)

Michelle said...

Fabulous pattern, Tracey!!! Love the colors and papers you chose!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh love your paper quilt Tracey! Such pretty colors and your butterfly looks pefect with it!

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfection Tracey! A++

Kelly Griglione said...

Love this, what a great technique! Can't wait to try!

Lisa Carroll said...

Fabulous card! Clean and simple, but with amazing detail from the quilting.. almost looks like it's woven! You chose perfect patterns, too. :) Thanks for playing along in our "Easter/Spring" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Ginny said...

I don't know how to say it any other way....GORGEOUS!!!

Sharron said...

Beautiful, Tracey! LOVE the papers you chose! The patterns & colors are so wonderful for spring.