March 1, 2013

CFC92 & SC Card Hanger



Happy Friday Everyone!
So glad that the weekend is here.

I have a card to share for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge which is 'wallpaper'.  Create a clean and simple project where we have stamped our own background.  I pulled  out my Impression Obsession chevrons again, I just love this stamp. It stamps beautifully using the technique taught in On-line Card Classes Clean & Simple Card Making 2.  Stamped the background, then the sentiment, threw on some washi tape and done! I am also submitting this to Simon Says Stamps Anything Goes.






Cardstock:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: chevron background (Impression Obsession), Think Big Favorites #15 (PTI)
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, True Black (PTI)


My daughter is going away this weekend to Niagara Falls with some friends for her girlfriends sweet 16, with her family of course.  Niagara Falls is only 2 hours from where we live and on the Canadian side.  She packaged up her gift in a kraft bag adored with Laurie Willison's, of Soapbox Creations, card hanger.  Simply adorable.



See card post HERE.





20 comments :

Joyce said...

Brilliant! I love that chevron pattern--I have seen you use it before and wondered how you got it lined up so well! now I know your trick. And, that washi and sentiment look perfect on the card. I am admiring your bag hanger, and just may cave. It really does make such a nice presentation.

Annette Allen said...

wow those chevrons look fabulous..love pink.. :)

~amy~ said...

Awesome card..,, fab chevrons!

Love the gift bag!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love it. Mine is on the way to me. I was too slow and missed out on the first round.

Kelly Griglione said...

Well you certainly can't go wrong with a chevron background and washi tape, now can you? Love your trendy card, Tracey! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays : )

AND, what a great presentation with your mehndi medallion card in Laurie's die. Such a great idea. Thanks for letting us see it in action!

Deb said...

Love your wallpaper background, Tracey!!! And yes, it stamps so clean and pretty. I am loving the card hanging die. It displays your card so beautifully. Happy Sweet 16 to your daughter and thanks for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Elton said...

FUN chevrons Tracey and I like that polka dot Washi ~ super card! Hope our daughter enjoys a nice weekend, I've heard the falls are beautiful in the winter!

Renee said...

Love those chevrons and washi...
it's perfect!
And aren't those card hanger's fabulous?
What better way to dress up a gift bag than with a beautiful card...
like this one! :)

Janet's Joy said...

Love the chevrons and the gift bag is great!

Laurie said...

I love it! The colors, the stamp set, everything! And your gift back looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing it!! I put you on my facebook page! (Hope that is ok!) :)

Lin said...

Love your mix of washis and that chevron pattern! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Jean said...

Oh love your chevron wallpaper - great choice of pinks and purples.

Pryn said...

I am completely LOVING that fabulous chevron background!!! WOW!!! What an awesome, bright and fun card! LOVE IT!!!

Sharron said...

Love your beautifully stamped chevron background-- and the fun washi tape accent! Love the cute card hanging die too. Super way to showcase your pretty card!

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous card Tracey! I love your wall paper too, and that Washi Tape is perfect! I love your gift bag too, Laurie's creation is genius!

Marybeth said...

Love the stamped chevrons ,it turned out perfect. I need your secret. Love the gorgeous card you made to go on the bag,such a great idea. Love that die! Hope your daughter and her friends have a blast.

Michelle said...

Tracey, such pretty chevrons and washi tape! love the gift bag, too!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love the chevron! Thanks for playing with us at Cas-ual Fridays!

AJ said...

love chevrons also- great card! thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, love the chevron wallpaper! Great bag too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!