October 25, 2012

WMSC120 & Cameo Spotlight #6


Time for another attempt at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  I was so thrilled last week when my card was chosen for a Top Mouse Award along with Marybeth Lopez and Michelle Bala!  This week I created another Halloween card and brought in my Cameo to assist me with a spider web background.  I can't colour, never could.  They say that to develop creativity in children that you should let them colour outside the lines if they want, no problem for me!  When I was little I wanted my colouring to look like my older sisters, so I would get her to colour it for me!  She was 10 years older so of course her colouring was better.  I am one of 5 children and my family to this day will tell you that I am the creative one.  That may be true, but I still can't colour.  So Cicely may not be perfect but I am sure this is the best fussy cutting I have ever done--all limbs are accounted for.



I am also submitting this card to the Cameo Spotlight Challenge #6 which is to create a project for Halloween using your Cameo.  The spider web I had downloaded a long time ago but never used.  Love the way the Cameo cut the intricate designs.



Cardstock:  Black (Bazzill), Oatmeal (WPlus9)
Patterned Paper: Smokey Shadow & Orange Zest Patterned Paper Pack
Stamps: Halloween party, Cicely (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Dies: Pinking Shears (Papertrey Ink), Spider Web (Silhouette America)
other: foam squares, assorted Copics

--------------------------------------------------

Paper Smooches is having their October Blog Hop today at:
http://papersmooches.blogspot.ca/2012/10/october-dt-blog-hop.html

22 comments :

Kara said...

great card!! love that spider web!

Lynn said...

Way to rock your cameo...Fabulous Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

ADORABLE card Tracey! LOVE the wee bit of orange DP peeking through the web. You rocked this one girl ;)

Deb said...

Tracey, this is fabulous! Love the web! And you have me cracking up about the coloring

Renee said...

Fabulous!!
LOVE that spider web...
so perfect behind Cicely!! :)
And YAY on Top Mouse!! :)
Love that you are playing along with us! :)

Joyce said...

Super card--and, you did great with your coloring and cutting. Yay--I'm sure you passed Kindergarten. Great story about growing up, too. I see another winner here.

Kelly Griglione said...

Way to get what you want Tracey, just have your sister do it for you, I love it!!! Nice job on your witch, she's so pretty!

Michelle said...

How fun is this card?! Love it, Tracey!

Cathy Weber said...

Your coloring is perfect and so is that great fussy-cutting! I love that you cut out that cute spider web to go behind her...just perfect for this week's sketch. Good luck!

Julia Aston said...

Cicely looks great framed in that spider web! wonderful coloring!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...your coloring is just perfect, but I do understand and this is why I do not color at all (unless I am at school and coloring with the preschoolers). Fabulous card...I would have never believed you fussy cut out that sweet girl, now that is perfect!

maria f. said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love Cicely.

Deborah Frings said...

I adore Cicely - so bright and vibrant. Love the big cobweb too!

Marybeth said...

Love it and what a great job you did with Cicely. LOL you can color, but I know what you mean. I think you did a wonderful job with this.

Anne-Elise said...

Fabulous Halloween card, Tracey! Love your image with the spider web! Great work!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card! Love the spiderweb..thanks for joining us at WMSC

Karen B. said...

What a perfect mix of elements on your card and you seamlessly combined a stamped image with a cut one!

Jean said...

You rock at coloring and cutting! Fun card! Congrats on being a top mouse winner!

The Paper Parade said...

Tracey, I love how the little witch is in front of the big spiderweb!

Jackie Rockwell said...

CUTE card, the black and white checked paper is awesome with your image! So glad you played along with us over at The Cameo Spotlight! :)

Jill Norwood said...

This turned out so adorable! Love it!!!! I just got this stamp set too! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Tracey, as always, your work is impeccable! Your execution always amazes me and the composition of this darling project is exceptional! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!