August 28, 2012

CCC #8 - Relax

Can you believe we are at week #8 at CASology?  Wow time is sure flying by fast.  We are adding a new twist this week with our Cue Word, something a little different, something that will get you thinking.  This week's Cue Word is:




If I haven't told you before I work with the most amazing group of girls at CASology!  All of them so incredibly talented and fun to play with.  This week we had a bit of a chuckle.  We had a 'great minds think alike' moment when we realized that a few of us grabbed the same stamp set for this week's inspiration! The fun part of it is that we each took a different approach with it.  We hope you find something to inspire you to come and join us this week at CASology.  Here is my card:


When I create a CAS card, I will usually have a mat of some kind.  It could be white on white or it could include multiple colours.  You can be sure my mat with work with the rest of my card.  This week I prepared my mat and then decided that the card looked a bit plain.  So I broke out my Fabulous Frames dies and chose the Polaroid frame to house my focal image.  I die cut the space for my sentiment at the bottom of the frame so it didn't get too bulky.

Most of my cards tend to be very CAS so I like to pick versatile stamp sets.   If I am spending my money on stamp sets I want to be able to use it again and again without my cards always looking the same.  The fun thing with On My Couch by Papertrey Ink is that it features both a chair and a couch that can be stamped as an outline, a pattern or a solid.  Outline stamps are excellent to stamp on and cut from patterned paper, or coloured in with Copics and even left alone for 3 very different looks.  Pattern stamps can be stamped in any colour you choose and the same with solid stamps.  I try to think of my options before making a purchase.

Head on over to CASology today to learn what the `cue card`means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.

Don`t forget to visit the blogs of the other members of the Design Team:
Tracey McNeely (that`s me)

and this week's Guest Designer Karen (winner of CCC #6 - SCHOOL)

I can't wait to see what RELAX means to you!

All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream
Patterned Papers: October Afternoon
Stamps: On My Couch
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black (Tsukineko)
Dies: On My Couch, Fabulous Frames
other: foam dots, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)


22 comments :

Anonymous said...

The paper for the sofa is lovely, and the cushions are fab.

Michelle said...

really cute, Tracey! love the pretty pattern paper for the couch!

Unknown said...

Super cute! When I saw this weeks cue this set is the first one I thought of too.

Anonymous said...

Great card, Tracey. ;-) I love the 'fabric' you chose for the upholstery on the sofa. Ocean Tides is one of my all-time favorite colors.

Lisa Elton said...

TOO TOO Cute Miss Tracey! Love the paper pieced comfy cozy couch ;)!!!

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous card, tracey... love the little pops of color against the ocean tides!!

Anni said...

Love everything about your card! The stamp set is lovely, the frame is so cool and the pillows are too cute!
Hugs, Anni

Kim S said...

Great use of the stamp set...geat layout...but mostly I love that even the colors and patterns are relaxing!!

Bonnie said...

This set sounds awesome and I love the paper pieced couch! And the layout is wonderful!

Terri said...

Great CAS card. Love you use of the Polaroid frame and the paper pieced couch too.

Joyce said...

Wow--I recognize that couch. Upholstered just like mine. What a super way to relax.

Renee said...

Adorable!!
It looks perfect framed in that die...
like it was meant to be! :)
And relaxing...
what is that?*giggle*

Darnell said...

You, too!! I just saw Jen's couch card. You guys have the perfect idea for the "relax" cue word! Your piecing of the floral "upholstery" is fantastic!!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so sweet and I too have a couch with the same upholstery...love how you used the polaroid frame, mine are still the little bag they arrived in. Just so sweet and adorable. Can't wait to play along.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Simply marvelous, darling. The way to relax. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs.

Marybeth said...

Cant wait to see what the others came up with. Love this one and it is very relaxing. You gave me some idea to use for the die set I have not used yet. Great card Tracey!

Aileen said...

That is a real cuddle up couch. Love the shades of green you've chosen and the pattern paper for the sofa. x

Lucille K said...

A couch day, fabulous, yes, thank you I'll take one and I just love your card :)

Jen W. said...

I love the fabulous layers on your card (especially that polaroid frame) and the paper you chose for the couch with that yellow flower is just perfect!

Kelly Griglione said...

To be honest, I didn't give a second thought to that polaroid frame die, but I see everyone use it so well that it's starting to call me. Love how it give more focus, but doesn't detract. Great pattern you picked for your couch too! Fun card, Tracey!

Jean said...

That is perfect paper for a couch ~ what a fun card!

Benzi said...

That looks like a very comfy place to relax. Great framing and love the little pillows. It's an adorable card.