March 17, 2012

Make It Monday #57: Colored Kissing

This weeks MIM is colored kissing by Heather Nichols.  A fantastic technique because the results are so interesting.  For me I had quite a time lining up my kissed stamps over the inital stamp.  So there a were a lot of redos, oh well lots of practice.  I chose to use the clouds from Up Up & Away for this technique. I stamped the clouds with Fresh Snow Ink on a Spring Rain card base and then kissed my stamps with Background Basics: Circles in Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise and Pure Poppy.



All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Spring Rain, Green Leaf
Stamps: Up Up & Away, Up Up & Away Sentiments, Background Basics: Circles
Ink: Fresh Snow, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise (PRI), Memento (Tsukineko)
Dies: Up Up & Away
other: Assorted Copics, foam dots, grass die cut (compliments of Joyce)

Pin It

12 comments :

Joyce said...

One of my fave sets of all time. We have lots of hot air balloons in the sky near where I live, and they look just like yours. I think those clouds were my very first PTI die. Love them with the background circles. I thought I recognized that grass--so professionally punched. Such a great card.

Julie said...

I love this adorable card! The hot air balloon is so cute! Love the sentiment - perfect for my out of state family! Great inkspiration :)

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh, love the the texture on your clouds! Isn't that a cool technique? And I love the colors you chose for the hot air balloon to go with the blue and green. Nice job Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

Your practice paid off Tracey! Delightful card and such a fun balloon!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is so pretty! Love those lovely, colorful clouds!

Deb said...

Love those circles on your clouds! Fabulous job with the MIM technique!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

sooo awesome!!

Marybeth said...

Smart to use this kissing technique on the clouds! Very sweet balloon card!

Greta said...

So, so cute! Never would have thought to use the technique for clouds--love it!

bjmartin said...

Such a sweet card - love the kissing technique on the clouds!

Ally said...

Such a fun card. ;-) I love your idea to color kiss for the clouds - very clever. Great card. ;-)

Cyndie said...

Okay, I'm back! And just look at the wonderful cards I missed while I was gone! I just love this one--great coloring on the balloon, and I love the way you used coordinating colors on the puffy clouds. Cute!!!