March 1, 2012

colourQ Challenge #125

This week Arielle's palette is so beautiful and I am so inspried by all of the amazing creations that are already up at colourQ.  Spring must either be in the air or in everyone's mind because there is a definite show of both flowers and butterflies!  In the last 24 hours we have gone from green, to snow covered, to freezing rain, to snow, back to freezing rain, to snow and now just yucky slush.  Come on Mother Nature, it is time for spring.

Here is what I came up with using this week inspiration.  I used my Bloom Builders #1 die to create my flower.  Shamefully this is the first time I have used it.  The white layer is elevated with foam dots, glue dots were used to secure the flower and button.  The filigree stamp along the bottom stamped off beautifully.  I will be inking that up more often I think now.






All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, Bitty Dot 
Stamps: Love & Marriage, Little Labels
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest
Dies: Bloom Builders #1
other:Harvest Gold felt, Orange Zest button, foam squares, jute

Pin It

22 comments :

Arielle H Gordon said...

Hey Tracy, LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL CARD! Is that flower felt? So cool! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at the colourQ!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, You always have the best ideas on your cards. Love the felt flower--really cute idea.

Heather said...

Tracy, that is a great card! Nice job. I really love the border. It's so delicate! Nice job! :)

Mynn xx said...

Okay, this is so pretty!!! LOVE your flower--and that punched strip of brown is perfect! LOVE the ornate punch you used! :)

Unknown said...

Love this Tracy. The felt flower with the pop of the orange button..perfect.

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful card Tracey! Love the filigree border done in brown, it's a subtle elegant statement.

What crazy weather you've had! You know the dirty slushy snow...I call it snirt!! A cross of snow and dirt LOL!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Sooo pretty! I love that filigree stamp! Wow!

Susan Hogan said...

Love your flower! Great card.

Unknown said...

What darling felt flower petals, Tracey! I really love the elegance to the decorative border, too. Thanks for playing at colourQ, and for popping by my blog! :) I hope you do CASE the page, let me know how it turns out if you do. ;) Have a great week.

Kendra said...

This is such a great card, I love the filigree border stamp and felt flower!

Joyce said...

Love this card. I thought of those colors as fall, but you have shown me that they are really spring. Sorry about your terrible weather. Come play with me in sunny San Diego some day.

Kelly Griglione said...

No way - I totally assumed the boarder was from a die. It stamped so well and crisp, amazing! Lovely card, Tracy. Just realized I'm not following you ... will need to fix that!

Marybeth said...

Good for you taking out your bloom builders die, this is so pretty . The border and dark frame are beautiful. Nice idea to use felt too!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Tracy, your flower is sweet but my favorite is the lacy border! thanks for joining us this week and sharing your card.

Cyndie said...

Wow, Tracey, you really aced the challenge! It's a masterpiece of CAS! I especially love the polka dot leaves--great idea!

Pauline said...

This is fabulous, great use of this colour palette.

sandie said...

I lovethe die you have used for the flowers and the felt-just gorgeous

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Tracey. The felt flower is gorgeous and I love the border too.

Ginny said...

This is out of this world!!! Pure brilliance. So glad I have found your blog and begun to follow you. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Tracey. I love it! That flower is just gorgeous! And I love the filigree border at the bottom. Perfect use of the colors.

I know what you mean about the weather. We've had a dumping of snow over the last week, and I just don't think I can handle any more snow. I know it's technically still winter, but I can't handle any more. I always get to this point and think I'm going to die before Spring arrives - LOL. ;-)

Great job on your card, girl.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the texture on your card Tracey - the felt flower and your gorgeous dotty leaves!

Jenny said...

Such a pretty flower, great texture and dimension :0)
Jenny x