December 6, 2011

25 Days of Holiday Tags - Day 12

Sorry that today's tag is so late being posted.  I had all my pieces prepared yesterday and I was just too tired last night to finish the tag.  Well this morning when I cut my patterned paper I cut it too short!  Heading out the morning for another way too busy day, I just didn't have time to pull my Cuttlebug out and die cut another Tag Sale 1--therefore, the late post.  I am over the moon with Maile's new Background Basics: Circles, I think I'll be using it a lot more.   

I took a detail shot of the dove so that you could see what I didn't see at first.  When I stamped the die cut with Vintage Cream I didn't see anything.  I wondered if my ink pad was dry, but then I saw the subtle detail that seemed to become more obvious after a minute.  A new perfect match.  Oh how I love little details like that.  I am contemplating adding a tiny pearl on the eye...


All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: Fine Linen, Ripe Avocado, Holiday Flourishes & Swirls
 Stamps: Background Basics: Circles, Peace be Still 
Dies: Tag Sale 1, Doily Details, Limitless Layers, Peace be Still
Ink: Vintage Cream
Other:  Apron Strings border punch (Fiskars), jute



Pin It

5 comments :

Joyce said...

Love this tag. That rustic string is just perfect for it. Those circles look great, too. I decided to let them sit on my wish list a bit, while I thought about it some more.

Lisa Elton said...

Tiis is so lovely Tracey. I keep thinking about those doily dies...gotta get those!

Cyndie said...

What a wonderful collection of tags you are making! Love this subtly colored one--it's very peaceful and serene.

Ally said...

I really like this one. The music lover in me immediately gravitates to the background at the bottom, but I also love the colors and all the little elements that go so nicely together. That doily details die is perfect with that dove, and the twine is a perfect finishing touch. Really lovely. ;-)

Jill Norwood said...

Oh I love this one...love the detail of the ink on the dove and the rustic loveliness of the whole thing!